Public Affairs & Communications Manager
- Salary: £33,000
- Location: Cirencester
- Employer: ACRE (Action with Communities in Rural England)
Applying for this job
ACRE is a dynamic national charity committed to ensuring that rural communities are thriving, inclusive and economically active, and have the services and social infrastructure necessary to support a diverse population. Our focus is on the wellbeing of all people living in rural England, especially those who are at risk of isolation and disadvantage and for whom rurality brings additional challenge and cost to their daily lives.
ACRE is the national body for 38 local county based member organisations who share a common set of objectives and principles. Together we make up the ACRE Network which has a strong track record of speaking up for rural communities on the national stage and for delivering multi-million pound projects that enable communities to find innovative solutions to the challenges they face.
We are looking for a full-time, creative and passionate Public Affairs and Communications professional to help achieve our aims by increasing our influence through improving our brand awareness and raising our profile.
You will be an excellent writer, confident in all things digital, and brilliant at building successful relationships. This is an exciting time to join ACRE’s small staff team as we continue a journey of transformation and change with our members, embrace digital technologies more fully, and improve our communications and engagement with all our stakeholders.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading our communications strategy, including developing our web and digital presence, and our regular engagement with members
- Managing external communications, and defining and controlling our corporate messaging
- Sourcing and writing compelling content for a range of channels including social media, PR, video, web and print.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a creative flair for writing, and an eye for design
- A passion for all things digital with an in-depth knowledge of social media developments and the skills set to make maximises their impact
- Previous success in delivering social media campaigns through all major platforms
- An understanding of, and empathy with, ACRE’s vision and mission.
In return for your hard work and commitment, ACRE will offer:
- Salary £33,000pa
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory Group Personal Pension Plan
- Flexible and supportive working environment
- A great opportunity to work in historic Cirencester, the Capital of The Cotswolds
This is a fantastic opportunity to be at the heart of ACRE’s mission. If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!
Closing Date: 5pm 27th September; Interviews to be held on 12th October in Cirencester
Information for applicants:
Application letter and forms:
- Job Description and Person Specification
- Letter of invitation
- Application form
- Form A Personal details
- Form B Equal Opportunities Policy and Monitoring
Please return your application forms to email@example.com