We are the national representative body for the ACRE Network, England’s largest rural grouping of community support charities.
The ACRE Network exists to provide a voice for rural communities, and to help them achieve great things locally.
The network has been making a difference to rural communities since the 1920s.
A century on, there are 38 county-based member organisations, plus ACRE nationally, working in concert to address rural issues and supporting a wide range of community-led initiatives that encourage a culture of volunteering and mutual aid, reduce social isolation and loneliness, increase the supply of affordable housing, boost the local economy, and reduce impact on the environment.
Together, we are a network that:
- reaches over 35,000 community groups and organisations annually,
- levers in over £34 million each year in support of rural communities,
- employs over 1,000 staff with expert knowledge of the issues facing rural communities,
- supports over 10,000 village halls,
- shares a commitment to making sure no one is disadvantaged because of where they live.
Find your ACRE Network member and learn more about the work they do.